May 19, 2022
When it comes to oral care, one of the most important habits a person can develop from a young age is to take measures that protect the teeth’s enamel surface. Many people don’t realize this, but the enamel covering that protects our teeth is finite and does not regenerate. In other words, once it’s gone, it’s gone. And this, sadly, can pave the path for a myriad of dental health problems that could have been easily prevented.
At Get It Straight Orthodontics, one of our fundamental goals is to educate people of all ages on the most practical and effective ways to protect their healthy smile for a lifetime. Here’s a brief overview of some simple things you can start doing today to protect your teeth and prevent the breakdown of its vital enamel.
- Try to limit your daily consumption of high-sugar drinks, snacks and foods
- Consider switching to a toothpaste that helps protect and restore enamel
- Avoid over-brushing your teeth, especially if you have a noticeable sensitivity
- Eat foods that help protect enamel, such as dairy, cheese and calcium-rich foods
- If you have a habit of grinding your teeth, take active measures to avoid it
- Treat dry mouth if you experience it, as saliva helps wash away damaging bacteria
There’s just no way to overstate the importance of protecting the enamel of your teeth. It doesn’t take a substantial effort, and the benefits of doing so can last a lifetime. For more information on how to protect your teeth’s enamel or to schedule an appointment at one of our offices, get in touch with the location closest to you and we’ll be more than happy to help.
Get It Straight Orthodontics has three locations in the Rochester and Western NY area, and we invite you to contact the one nearest you for immediate assistance. You can reach us by phone at 585-248-5100 or via email by filling out the short contact form on our secure website.