June 17, 2020
Crooked teeth can be incredibly embarrassing when you're growing up. The most effective way to correct the issue is through the implementation of professional teeth straightening procedures. Of course, this is a huge decision that comes with many questions. Which option is best? How long does treatment take? Are there any risks? How much is this all going to cost? In this article we’ll provide a brief overview of the most popular options while discussing some of the factors that ultimately decide the best solution.
At Get It Straight Orthodontics in Rochester, we’re proud to be known as one of the region’s most sought-after providers of teeth straightening for children. Here are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to the issue of aligners or braces for kids and younger patients.
- Clear aligners aren’t always an option for those with more severe issues
- Both metal and clear braces will limit some of the foods a child may eat
- Aligners need to be worn 22-23 hours each day, requiring some discipline
- Damon® Braces are an advanced system requiring fewer visits and less time
- Aligners are more common among teens who have all of their adult teeth
- Damon metal braces come in a variety of colors, like pink, blue, and pastels
- Braces are typically worn 12-18 months, while aligners are worn for 9-12 months
- The cost of braces and aligners can range from $3,500 to $6,500 on average
If you’d like more detailed information or to schedule a complimentary appointment in the Rochester area, we invite you to get in touch with any of our three Get It Straight Orthodontic offices. We offer virtual consultations, teeth selfie uploads, emergency service, and a staff dedicated to making you and your child feel safe and welcome.