Dr. Cassata is a native Rochesterian and second generation orthodontist. She had the privilege to work with her father, Dr. Russell Cassata, from her early teen years until his retirement. She credits these years working together being instrumental in shaping her work ethic and dedication to patient care.
Dr. Cassata received an Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene from Monroe Community College. She then got both her Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Dental Surgery Degrees from the University at Buffalo. She then went on to obtain her Orthodontic Certificate from The Eastman Institute of Oral Health.
- American Association of Orthodontics
- Northeast Society of Orthodontics
- 7th District NYS Society of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- 7th District Dental Society
- Monroe County Dental Society
- American Association of Dental Boards
Credentials and Awards
- Member and current vice chair of the New York State Dental Board
- Awarded the Fonzi Humanitarian Award from the University of Buffalo
- Awarded the Marcia Mulder Award from the MCC Dental Hygiene Department
- Worked in the Oral Biology Department at The Eastman Institute of Oral Health
- Published co-author article on enamel demineralization
- Former clinical instructor in the Dental Hygiene Department at MCC
Dr. Cassata is proud to have been born, raised and lived most of her life on the west side of Rochester. Recently she downsized and now lives in Canandaigua with Ray, her husband of over 35 years. She cherishes time spent with her three adult sons Kyle, Justin, Tyler and daughter-in-law Brandee. She is also puppy grandma to Dukes a Great Pyrenees.